If you wanted some unparalleled views of Victoria Harbour and the Hong Kong skyline, you could visit Sky100 at International Commerce Centre (ICC), but locals have a better suggestion.
I say could because there is another (virtually free) option to choose from. Ozone is Asia’s tallest bar and amongst the world’s highest 5 bars in the world. Trumped by only At.mosphere in Dubai’s Burj Kalifa, Ozone sits on the 118th floor of the Ritz Carlton Hotel at the top of Hong Kong’s ICC.
The reason Ozone is so popular is that it sits right on top of the ICC and offers visitors amazing skyline views of the Harbour. Unlike Sky100, you can enjoy a longer stay with a few drinks while the sunsets, plus it has an outdoor open-roof area especially suited for smokers. Ozone is definitely a bar where you should take your camera because the views at any time of day are spectacular.
- A longer visit of 3 hours from about 5pm in the summer time. Early enough to get a seat, and long enough to see the sunset and harbour lights
- Don’t feel shy about visiting the bar, the hotel has many bar visitors who are not hotel guests; all are treated with great respect
- Make sure you check out the view from the bathrooms; this place has a ‘loo with a view!’
- Try the Gin and Tonic cocktails for a real Hong Kong experience.
Ozone is located in the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Kowloon.
- By MTR travel to Kowloon station. One you get there, follow this handy map to make your way to the hotel.
- Taxi’s will take you directly to the Ritz Carlton Hotel
Address: 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong